Collections and Archives Internship
The Museum of Culpeper History is looking for an intern to assist with managing our collection. Currently, our collection contains over 4,000 objects, all related to the history of Culpeper County spanning from the pre-colonial period up to 20th century Culpeper. Interns must be available in-person, 1-2 days a week. Interns will partially be working alongside our Education Coordinator, as well as independently. We will begin accepting and reviewing applications immediately. The duration of the internship is flexible. To apply, please click the “Application” button below.
**The internship is unpaid.
Duties will include:
- Handling and packing objects
- Photographing and labeling objects
- Some light sewing
- Performing condition reports
- Inputting object information into PastPerfect
- Researching objects
- Currently majoring in History or a related field
- Archival experience is desired
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Contact Helen Thompson, Education Coordinator, at 540-829-1749 or email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering and would like to know more!