Culpeper History & Heritage
We offer so many places throughout the county where you can learn about our community through the centuries. We hope to welcome you and your family soon!
We need your help to improve and increase our current and future educational programs!
The Museum of Culpeper History is Culpeper County’s community museum! Our goal is to collect, preserve, interpret, and promote the history of all of Culpeper’s people from the Triassic Period 215 million years ago to the present-day by engaging and educating visitors using our collections of objects and photographs in exhibits and programs.
We place education at the forefront of ALL that we do and endeavor to educate and enlighten the public through our exhibits and programs.
We need your help to fund our ongoing education efforts and to improve and increase our future programs!
Last year, we EXCEEDED our goal of $10,000! Will you help us repeat that success in 2023?
Your support has made possible:
- ongoing lectures and webinars
- seasonal monthly walking tours of downtown Culpeper
- our monthly Little Learners series for preschool young learners
- on demand tours of the museum for schools and tour groups
- our annual DinoWalk tour of dinosaur tracks at Culpeper LuckStone Quarry
Did you know that more than half of our operating funds come from donations and contributions from you and our community? To be the best-small town community museum in Virginia, we need YOUR support!
Your donation will help fund our “wishlist” of new programs:
- developing our new monthly interactive family program
- developing tours of historic sites around Culpeper county
- creating school education packets and in-class presentations
- expanding and improving our children’s Discovery Zone
- transforming the caboose into an exhibition and program space
We are committed to offering programs that are either free or low-cost for Culpeper County citizens. Your support allows us to present these programs to the community at or below cost.
YOUR MUSEUM NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT! Thank you!
MAKE SURE YOUR GIFT HAS THE MOST IMPACT!
DONATE DURING OUR “POWER HOUR”
NOON – 1:00 PM
TUESDAY, MAY 9
Are you interested in local, state, or national history? Do you like teaching and sharing information? Do you enjoy meeting new people every day?
The Museum of Culpeper History is seeking volunteers to help with its daily operations and ongoing programs. Our volunteers allow us to put visitors in touch with the story of Culpeper’s past every day, seven days a week. Without their hard work and support, we would not be able to do the work we do!