The Museum serves residents, tourists, and anyone who wishes to “discover” Culpeper. YOUR support means the world to the Museum – and helps us become “the best small community museum in Virginia.”
Interested in History? Join your friends and neighbors by giving a few hours each month to work at the front desk, lead tours, assist with educational programming, or help with special events. Your time helps us remain open seven days a week and is invaluable to us!
Contact Gloria Cooper, Education Coordinator, at 540-829-1749 if you are interested in volunteering!
Object Donations and Loans
The Museum regularly changes its exhibits which feature a variety of topics that illuminate the rich history of Culpeper. In order for us to create exhibits, we often seek loans or donations of objects, documents and artifacts from residents that relate to these topics.
Some of the many items we have borrowed or received in recent years:
- Military hardware and memorabilia
- Agricultural tools, hardware
- Medical equipment
- Costumes, uniforms, linens, children’s attire, hats, coats, shoes
- Diaries, journals, letters, diplomas, yearbooks, photos, postcards, maps
- Archaeological finds: projectile points, arrowheads, axe heads, stone tools
- Guns, swords, bayonets, knives
- Artwork; paintings, sketches, watercolors
You can support the Museum with monetary contributions or in-kind donations like goods and services. The Museum is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, and all gifts are tax-deductible. Join the Friends of the Museum, the Heritage Cabinet, or give a one-time donation.